Choose the best answer:
1. She played _______.
2. The Tv's far too ______.
3) She speaks so very ______.
4. She's a _______ learner.
5. I know them quite _______.
6. Check your work ______.
7. I've been having a lot of headaches _______.
8) He's a ______ actor.
9) He should pass the test _______.
10. He's really lazy and ______ tries.
Correct answers: 1.B, 2.A, 3.B, 4.A, 5.B, 6.B, 7.B, 8.A, 9.A, 10.B.
1. The newspapers were very ______ of the scheme.
2. He's _____ ill.
3. I don't ______ agree with you.
4. I was ______ shocked.
5. It was a _______ mess.
6. They messed things up ______.
7. It was a ______ day for us all.
8. Ann walks _______.
9. Ann is ________.
10. Ann speaks Chinese _________.
Rješenja: 1 A, 2B, 3B, 4B, 5A, 6B, 7A, 8B, 9A, 10B.
1. David arrived _______.
2. Sue learned Japanese _______.
3) Sharon usually sings _______.
4) Bill understands Spanish ________.
5. The women work ________.
6. Mei Li dresses ________.
7. I like to live i na _______ house.
8. The soup tastes ________.
9. The orchestra sounds _______.
10. Bill likes to sing _______ songs.
Rješenja: 1A, 2B, 3B, 4B, 5A, 6B, 7A, 8A, 9A, 10A.
The Three Little Pigs
Once upon a time there were three little pigs who wanted to see the world. When the
they left home, their mum gave them an advice: "Whatever you do, do it the (good)
__________________1 you can."
So, the three pigs wandered through the world and were the (happy) _____________2
pigs you've ever seen. They played (funny) __________________3 games all summer
long but then came autumn and each pig wanted to build a house.
The first pig was not only the (small) _______________________4 but also the (lazy)
____________________5 of the pigs. He (quick) ______________________6 built a
house out of straw. The second pig made his house out of wood which was a bit
(difficult) __________________________________7 than building a straw house. The
third pig followed his mum's advice and built a strong house out of bricks – the
(difficult) _____________________________8 house of all. The pig worked very
(hard) ____________________9 but finally got his house ready before winter.
During the cold winter months, the three little pigs lived (extreme) _______________10
well in their houses. They (regular) _________________________11 visited one
another and had the (wonderful) ___________________________________12 time.
But one night, a wolf came to the place where the three little pigs lived. It was the
(horrible) _____________________________13 looking wolf in the whole wide world.
Being (terrible) ____________________________14 hungry he went (straight)
_________________________15 to the straw house.
"Let me in, little pig," the wolf shouted out (angry) ____________________16, "or I'll
huff and I'll puff and I'll blow your house down!"
The pig didn't let him in and as the house was made out of straw, the wolf blew it down
(easy) __________________________17. The little pig ran to his brother's house as
(fast) _________________________18 as he could. But the wolf followed him to the
"Open up, little pigs," he shouted even (angry)__________________________19. Then
he huffed and puffed and it didn't take him much (long) _________________20 to blow
the house down. So, the two pigs (nervous) ________________________21 ran to their
brother who lived in the brick house. The wolf followed them (grim)
"Open the door," he shouted (fierce) _____________________23. As the pigs didn't
open the wolf huffed and puffed (heavy) _________________________24. But the
stone house didn't fall down.
From all the huffing and puffing the wolf became even (hungry) ________________25.
With his last power he (slow) ______________________26 climbed up the house to get
in through the chimney. The pigs saw this and (hasty) ___________________27 lit a
fire. When the wolf climbed down the chimney, he fell into the fire which was (awful)
_____________________28 hot. He burnt his bum (bad) _______________29 and ran
From that day on, the pigs had no more trouble with the wolf and they lived (happy)
______________________30 ever after.
1) best 11) regularly 21) nervously
2) happiest 12) most wonderful 22) grimly
3) funny 13) most horrible/-bly** 23) fiercely
4) smallest 14) terribly 24) heavily
5) laziest 15) straight 25) hungrier
6) quickly 16) angrily 26) slowly
7) more difficult 17) easily 27) hastily
8) most difficult 18) fast 28) awfully
9) hard* 19) more angrily 29) badly
10) extremely 20) longer 30) happily